Leeds Rhinos and St. Helens go into their top of the table Super League clash separated only by points difference.
Although both sides are assured of a place in the play-offs Rhinos’ head coach Brian McClennan is targeting the League Leaders’ shield.
McClennan said, “Our initial goal was to make sure we finished in the top two, however, having now reached top spot our goal is to finish their and claim the League Leaders’ shield.”
McClennan believes the clash is too tight too call but that the clash will be an entertaining one.
“There will be battles right across the field. The game will be a treat for supporters of both teams and all fans of Rugby League.
“We have two of the best groups of players in the country going head-to-head and I’m sure that will bring the best out of them both.”
With the exception of Danny Buderus the Rhinos have a full squad to choose from after welcoming back Ian Kirke from injury.
St. Helen’s scrum-half Sean Long is equally determined to bring home the League Leaders’ shield.
The Merseyside club picked up the shield on four consecutive occasions under the leadership of former coach Daniel Anderson.
Long told BBC Radio Merseyside, “We've come this far now and we'd like to finish top but it doesn't make or break your season. For me I want to finish on a high and pick up the Super League trophy.
'I've won quite a lot of trophies but I want to win a couple more and give myself and the fans something to cheer about at the end of the year.'
Tom Powell
Although both sides are assured of a place in the play-offs Rhinos’ head coach Brian McClennan is targeting the League Leaders’ shield.
McClennan said, “Our initial goal was to make sure we finished in the top two, however, having now reached top spot our goal is to finish their and claim the League Leaders’ shield.”
McClennan believes the clash is too tight too call but that the clash will be an entertaining one.
“There will be battles right across the field. The game will be a treat for supporters of both teams and all fans of Rugby League.
“We have two of the best groups of players in the country going head-to-head and I’m sure that will bring the best out of them both.”
With the exception of Danny Buderus the Rhinos have a full squad to choose from after welcoming back Ian Kirke from injury.
St. Helen’s scrum-half Sean Long is equally determined to bring home the League Leaders’ shield.
The Merseyside club picked up the shield on four consecutive occasions under the leadership of former coach Daniel Anderson.
Long told BBC Radio Merseyside, “We've come this far now and we'd like to finish top but it doesn't make or break your season. For me I want to finish on a high and pick up the Super League trophy.
'I've won quite a lot of trophies but I want to win a couple more and give myself and the fans something to cheer about at the end of the year.'
Tom Powell
No comments:
Post a Comment