The girl band had seemed in ill health throughout the last week, with rumours of Amelle Berrabah going missing before speculation about an imminent split increased on Friday, after claims Berrabah was to leave to be replaced by former UK Eurovision entry Ewen.
The trio's record label Island maintained a frustrating silence throughout - even saying on Monday they were unable to comment on whether they had no comment on the issue - but the future of the hugely successful Sugababes band has now been clarified with a statement on their official website.
'The current line-up of the Sugababes has disbanded,' it read.
'Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah will continue as the Sugababes and will be joined by new member Jade Ewen.
'They release their album Sweet 7 on November 23rd through Island Records.'
The statement also said Buchanan would continue to record for Island Records as a solo artist.
She has since confirmed her exit from the Sugababes on her personal Twitter account, saying she did not choose to leave the group.
'I've had a great time and have achieved more than I ever thought I would,' she wrote.
'Although it was not my choice to leave, it's time to enter a new chapter in my life. I have nothing but positive things to say about the girls and I wish them the best of luck. I would like to state that there were no arguments, bullying or anything of the sort that led to this.'
She added: 'Sometimes a break down in communication and lack of trust can result in many different things. I would also like to point out that I have always supported the girls and they have also supported me.
'I want to thank the Sugababes fans and my fans for all your support and all who have never judged me, but accepted me for who I am... The feisty, funny, professional, fearless motor mouth. This is not the end... but the beginning!'
No comments:
Post a Comment