Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Massa gives Fisi his full backing

Giancarlo Fisichella will fulfill a life-long ambition when he races for Ferrari in Italy
Giancarlo Fisichella smiled from ear to ear at his official unveiling at Ferrari's Maranello headquarters, where it was revealed that Felipe Massa has given the Italian his full backing.

Fisichella was released from his contract with Force India last week and will drive for Ferrari for the final five races of the season, to fulfill a long-life ambition of racing in a red car at his home grand prix at Monza this weekend.

Massa, who is currently recovering from the injuries he suffered in a high-speed accident at the Hungarian grand prix, will not return to the cockpit of his formula one car until next season.

Ferrari's long-standing test driver Luca Badoer originally stood in the Brazilian but was dropped by the team after two poor races in Valencia and Belgium.

Fisichella will now take over from his compatriot and will then assume the role of test and reserve driver as of next season.

'I spoke to Massa on the phone, he said he was happy for me and that it had been the right decision to choose me,' Fisichella said in a news conference.

'I said I was really sorry for what happened to him and to recover quickly. 'When you want the car back, come and take it because this is your car. I hope to achieve what you would have,' I said.

'At 36 I'd lost hope. But obviously you must never say never.'ADNFCR-708-ID-19349193-ADNFCR

No comments:

Post a Comment