Thursday, 24 September 2009

Lily Allen: My music career is over

Lily Allen confirms she does not plan to record another album
Singer Lily Allen has confirmed she does not plan to record another album after this year's number one It's Not You, It's Me.

The Smile star has recently spearheaded a campaign against music piracy and revealed the changing state of the industry has played a part in her decision to take a break from her recording career.

She told the Sun newspaper last week she does not intend to 'record and tour again for quite a while' and is soon to star in a new production of Neil LaBute's Tony award-winning play Reasons To Be Pretty.

Writing on her It's Not Alright blog on Wednesday - the site she established to publish artists' views on illegal filesharing - Allen confirmed her music career may have come to an end.

'Just so you know, I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record (applause),' she wrote.

'I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade.'

She added: 'The days of me making money from recording music has been and gone as far as I'm concerned, so I don't (at this point) stand to profit from legislation.

'Except future purchases of previously recorded material (which won't be much).'ADNFCR-708-ID-19375639-ADNFCR

No comments:

Post a Comment