The Italian made the switch to Ferrari after securing a second place and the first points for Force India in Belgium.
With the in-season testing ban, Fisichella was unable to complete any running in the F60 before heading to Monza, but he made good progress throughout the weekend and finished the race just outside of the points in ninth place.
In a post-race press conference at Monza, Fisichella said that most of his energy went into adapting to the KERS system and he stated that, now he had mastered the technology, he can focus on altering his driving style to suit the Ferrari.
I feel great, said Fisichella.
Obviously it has been a tough race.
My grid position was a bit difficult, but I got a good start and I made up positions past two cars.
Then I was struggling with a heavy car a little bit at the beginning of the stint, but once I got more confident, I was able to be competitive and on the same pace as the quickest cars.
I had the same problem with the tyres at the pit-stop.
I was struggling with my pace at the beginning a little, but then again at the end of the race I was doing well.
It was a great feeling for me in front of Ferrari fans.
Hopefully the next race will be better.
Its not easy to manage the KERS, especially for me as it was my first time.
In the race I did a good job with the help of my engineer.
We worked together and did a fantastic thing with that.
I managed it very well, but obviously I had to concentrate on that a lot, but next time will be easier and I will concentrate on the driving style much more.
The Italian, who will stand in for the injured Felipe Massa until the end of the season, before taking on a test and reserve driver role from 2010 onwards, blamed his low grid position for not scoring any points for Ferrari.
But he is keen to help the team hold on to third place in the constructors championship over the McLaren team.
We were quite close to scoring points today, but the main problem was because my starting position wasnt great so it was difficult recovering from the mid-field where I qualified, said Fisichella.
I think I did a good job and its important for Kimi to score more points than McLaren and I will do my best to score more points.
No comments:
Post a Comment