Saturday, 5 September 2009

England 'focused on Slovenia'

By Alistair Potter

England manager Fabio Capello has said he is focused only on this evening's match against Slovenia at Wembley and refused to turn his attention towards Croatia on Wednesday.

The Italian is set to send out his side in a friendly tonight just four days before a crucial World Cup qualifier against the Croats at the same venue, which could see his side seal a place at the finals in South Africa next summer.

However, Capello refused to answer questions from the media on the Croatia match until the Slovenians have left English shores.

'We are not thinking about Croatia at all,' he said.

'We have had meetings this week and spoken about the Holland game, we spoke about the mistakes that were made in that game and then we spoke about Slovenia.

'Croatia is another game completely.'

The manager refused to confirm he will send out his strongest possible side tonight but vowed to make it as close as possible to his best XI, with the possible exception of any major injury concerns.

'I still have to decide my first XI against Croatia,' he continued.

'I will try to put in the players who I think will be ready to play against Croatia, but for now I am thinking about Slovenia only.'

England take on Slovenia this evening at 17:30 BST before playing host to Croatia on Wednesday night at 20:00 BST.
ADNFCR-708-ID-1324778-ADNFCR

No comments:

Post a Comment