Friday, 9 October 2009

Kear signs on with Crusaders

(Back row l-r), Tony Green, Managing Director of Ento Direct, David Morgan, Director of Ento Direct. (front row l-r), Elliot Kear, CrusadersÂ’ chief executive Mike Turner.
Celtic Crusaders full-back Elliot Kear has signed a full-time professional contract with the Welsh club for the 2010 Super League campaign.

The 20-year old joined the Crusaders last year and quickly earned admirers with a man of the match debut against the Leeds Rhinos back in August.

Kear’s performances have also earned him a place in John Devereux’s Wales squad for their upcoming fixtures.

Kear said: 'It's like a dream come true for me. It feels like that all the hard work that my dad and I have put in has finally paid off.

'However I know that the real hard work starts here. I’d like to thank the Crusaders for having faith in me.

'I can’t wait for next year now but the next big thing for me is trying to get in the team for the England game.

'I spoke to John Devereux this week and he’s sent me a training schedule. I’m keeping fit and looking forward to it all.'

Crusaders’ chief executive Mike Turner is excited about Kear’s future with the Welsh side.

Turner said: 'We are delighted that Elliot has signed professional forms with the Crusaders.

'He did very well for us in our last three games in 2009 and we know that he is a star of the future.

'Everyone at the club is now looking forward to seeing him pull on a Wales shirt, hopefully against England in Bridgend on October 17th, and that will be a just reward for his efforts.'ADNFCR-708-ID-19398436-ADNFCR

No comments:

Post a Comment