Friday, 9 October 2009

BMW thank "strong, consistent" Kubica

Theissen said Kubica set milestones for the team
BMW Sauber have thanked Robert Kubica for his 'strong and consistent performances' while with the team after it was announced he is moving to Renault.

Kubica has completed 55 races with the Hinwii-based squad since making his debut at Budapest in 2006, during which time he has secured eight podium finishes, a race win and 129 world championship points.

On Wednesday, Renault confirmed that Kubica would be replacing the Ferrari-bound Fernando Alonso at the team from the 2010 season onwards, following months of speculation about the Pole’s future position in the sport after BMW announced their intention to pull-out of F1.

In a statement, BMW’s Director of Motorsport Mario Theissen said: 'Robert played an important role for us – and certainly we did the same for him.

'He joined us in 2006 as a test driver with no formula one experience, and then we promoted him to be one of our team’s drivers during that season.

'He never let us down and, with our first pole position in 2008 in Bahrain and first victory the same year in Canada, he set milestones in the history of our team.

'We are grateful for his strong and constant performances and wish him all the best for his future.'

Kubica himself said he is very thankful to the BMw Sauber for giving him the opportunity of racing with team and for helping him to some milestones in his career, such as his first career victory at the 2008 Canadian grand prix.

'I’m very thankful to those responsible in the BMW Sauber F1 Team for giving me the chance to get a F1 cockpit,' said Kubica.

'I think I justified the belief in me by delivering good results. In 2008 I managed to get the first pole position in Bahrain and the first win in Canada.

'Both will remain unforgettable moments for me. For 2010 I will have a new challenge.

'I wish everybody I worked with at the BMW Sauber all the best for the future.

'I’m sure in the future our paths will cross in F1.'ADNFCR-708-ID-19398775-ADNFCR

No comments:

Post a Comment