The Lancashire fast bowler played his last international match in April 2007, but has been included in England's 16-man tour party for the one-day series against South Africa.
'I'm absolutely delighted with the news,' beamed the 27-year-old, who has already made 25 appearances in one-day internationals.
'I've never given up on my England ambitions, but this season I've approached things differently.
'In the past I've probably been distracted by making England squads instead of showing the selectors through my performances what I can do week in, week out. So this season I've just focused on producing the best performances I can for Lancashire.
'I've worked hard on all aspects of my game and believe I'm bowling better than ever, which has been reflected in the amount of wickets I've taken.'
Mahmood took 73 wickets in all domestic competitions this season, despite being out for over a month due to a side strain.
'I hope to do enough in the lead-up to the first matches to be picked in the starting XI,' he continued
'Then you never know what the future holds in terms of a Test recall.'
England's first match is on November 6th: a 50-over match against a President's XI in Bloemfontein.
No comments:
Post a Comment