Thursday, 15 October 2009

Beckham's Milan deal 'almost done'

David Beckham says loan deal to AC Milan is "very close"
David Beckham has claimed a deal to take him back to AC Milan at the end of the current MLS season is '95 per cent done'.

The England international, who was voted man of the match after coming on as a substitute against Belarus, admits he is keen to return to the San Siro in the winter in order to maintain his match fitness and boost his hopes of going to a fourth World Cup.

'It's very close - it's 95 per cent done so I don't see why it's not going to happen now,' he explained.

'I've always said that I want to go back there if they want me, and they've been saying they want me since I left last time to go back to the States and they're still saying the same now.'

Beckham produced a performance to make England coach Fabio Capello sit up and take notice at Wembley last night when a second-half cameo saw him change the course of a game that looked to be petering out to a 1-0 win.

And although the LA Galaxy star admitted he was surprised to be given the man-of-the-match award, he said the result was an important one to recover from the previous 1-0 defeat in Ukraine - England's first of their qualifying campaign.

'Tonight was an important night to get over the loss to Ukraine and end on a high,'

'I don't know how I got [man of the match] - must have been playing with Brucie [former Manchester United team-mate Steve Bruce, who voted for the award] for so many years!'

With qualification secured, England discover their group opponents for the World Cup finals when the draw is made in Cape Town on December 4th.ADNFCR-708-ID-19410567-ADNFCR

No comments:

Post a Comment