Last Wednesday Massa accused Alonso of being fully aware that members of the Renault team had asked his former team-mate Nelson Piquet to deliberately crash out of last years Singapore grand prix.
However, in a press conference at Interlagos, Alonso remained calm about Massas comments - stating that his relationship with Massa will be strong.
'First of all, I don't know what is true or not - maybe it was a misunderstanding with Felipe or the media or whatever,' said Alonso.
'So it is difficult to know what is true and what is not true about what he said.
'Later he said a different thing. It is not very important for me, and I was not too worried.
'In the world council it was clear in the statement that I was nothing to do with the Singapore 2008 events, I was not involved in anything and I did not know anything.
'There is no doubt from that point on. I didn't pay too much attention.'
In addition to protesting his innocence, Alonso underlined his belief that Massa's comments to the media earlier this week would have no bearing on their ability to share the Ferrari garage.
'It will not affect anything with me or our relationship,' the Spaniard continued.
'I still think that it will be great because in Ferrari the group is more important than the individual all the mechanics, the engineers, the people in the factory, the drivers, Stefano Domenicali, President di Montezemolo, and everyone is part of the team a big family.
'I think it will be a good group and we will be a very strong team next year, Felipe and me.
'Now that he is recovering well after the test in Italy this week, I think that is a very good news for the team next year.'
Massa was at Interlagos over the weekend and was involved in the starting procedure on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment