The X Factor winner's new single Bad Boys, featuring US rapper Flo Rida, is outselling Williams' single Bodies by almost two to one, according to midweek sales figures.
Bad Boys is expected to sell more than 100,000 copies, continuing Burke's run of success after her debut single, a cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, became the best-selling single of 2008.
Both Burke and Williams performed on The X Factor on Sunday night, with each performer coming in for public criticism.
Williams explained on his blog on Tuesday that his confidence had been knocked prior to his first TV performance in three years when a stage door did not open correctly.
'That's enough to throw you right off your stride,' he wrote.
'I don't know if you saw but I had to wedge it open myself. That wasn't part of the show.'
Burke's rendition of Bad Boys, meanwhile, came in for scrutiny, with critics suggesting she had mimed on the very programme on which her live singing was put to the test on a weekly basis.
Asked if Burke had indeed lip-synced, judge Cheryl Cole neither confirmed or denied the speculation.
'Was she miming? I didn't think she was miming,' Cole said on Chris Moyles' Radio 1 breakfast show. 'I was so caught up in the production and performance.
'I was having a whale of a time that I wasn't even thinking about was she miming was she not.'
No comments:
Post a Comment