The veteran midfielder will rejoin Milan for the second time at the end of the current MLS season after enjoying a successful spell earlier this year.
Beckham has been keen to secure the move, which had been cited by England boss Fabio Capello as key to the player's hopes of sealing a spot in the 2010 World Cup squad next summer.
And commenting on the agreement to return to the San Siro, Beckham cited next year's finals in South Africa as key to his decision.
'I had to give myself the best chance to play in the World Cup, playing on loan with Milan will help me do that,' he said.
'I enjoyed my last experience at Milan a lot and I can't wait to meet the team and the staff again.
'I thank Tim Leiweke and Bruce Arena for having given me this opportunity. I remain close to Los Angeles Galaxy and MLS and I care about football's development in America.
'Now I am completely concentrated on finishing this season in the best way with my club by winning the MLS Cup.'
Beckham's return has been widely welcomed in Italy, even if Galaxy fans remain unconvinced by the former Manchester United and Real Madrid star's commitment to their club.
And Milan president Adriano Galliani said he is 'very happy' to see Beckham return and paid tribute to the understanding of his American club side.
'We are sure this period in Europe will help the player to participate to the next World Cup and then continue his career with Los Angeles Galaxy, whom we thank for their availability,' Galliani added.
With Milan this season involved in the Champions League, Beckham could be available for the Italian club's knockout fixtures should they progress beyond the group stage.
Beckham has been keen to secure the move, which had been cited by England boss Fabio Capello as key to the player's hopes of sealing a spot in the 2010 World Cup squad next summer.
And commenting on the agreement to return to the San Siro, Beckham cited next year's finals in South Africa as key to his decision.
'I had to give myself the best chance to play in the World Cup, playing on loan with Milan will help me do that,' he said.
'I enjoyed my last experience at Milan a lot and I can't wait to meet the team and the staff again.
'I thank Tim Leiweke and Bruce Arena for having given me this opportunity. I remain close to Los Angeles Galaxy and MLS and I care about football's development in America.
'Now I am completely concentrated on finishing this season in the best way with my club by winning the MLS Cup.'
Beckham's return has been widely welcomed in Italy, even if Galaxy fans remain unconvinced by the former Manchester United and Real Madrid star's commitment to their club.
And Milan president Adriano Galliani said he is 'very happy' to see Beckham return and paid tribute to the understanding of his American club side.
'We are sure this period in Europe will help the player to participate to the next World Cup and then continue his career with Los Angeles Galaxy, whom we thank for their availability,' Galliani added.
With Milan this season involved in the Champions League, Beckham could be available for the Italian club's knockout fixtures should they progress beyond the group stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment