Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Given disappointed with another draw

Given was in top form to earn his side a point
Shay Given was disappointed his side only picked up a point against Birmingham City, despite saving a second half penalty.

The Irish international kept out James McFadden’s spot kick, but was still disappointed after his sides fourth consecutive draw in the league.

Given said: 'I was really happy to save the penalty. I got lucky in going the right way, and got a strong hand to the ball.

'However, he went into the game wanting three points and we only got one, so we are disappointed.'

Despite the point, Given was quick to pay credit to Birmingham, who had the better of the chances at St Andrews.

He added: 'Birmingham picked up a good result against Sunderland last week, and played with a lot of confidence.

'I was happy to keep a clean sheet because they created a few good chances.'ADNFCR-708-ID-19439411-ADNFCR

No comments:

Post a Comment