Flintoff, 31, retired from Test cricket at the end of England's victorious Ashes series due to a chronic knee problem and has since made clear his desire to become the best one-day player in the world.
He turned down an incremental contract with England in September, which has made him available to sign for domestic sides across the globe. Lancashire, who he has represented since 1995, is the first to confirm his services.
'Freddie' also has commitments with Indian Premier League side Chennai Super Kings, with whom he signed a lucrative deal in 2008.
On signing the contract, the all-rounder said: 'I am delighted at being able to agree a new contract which enables me to remain at Old Trafford for the next three years.
'I have felt part of Lancashire ever since I first played here as a schoolboy and I want to help them achieve success.
'I am looking forward to being around the Lancashire dressing room more now I have retired from Test cricket and this contract will also give me the flexibility to play other forms of one-day cricket around the world, which hopefully help me develop as a player and in turn, help Lancashire and England.'
Lancashire head coach, and former England team director, Peter Moores expressed his delight at the news: 'Fred is a proven match-winner, and the type of player that lifts a dressing room with his sheer enthusiasm and will to win.
'It's great that he is going to be with us, and I'm sure our supporters will be just as thrilled with the news.'
He turned down an incremental contract with England in September, which has made him available to sign for domestic sides across the globe. Lancashire, who he has represented since 1995, is the first to confirm his services.
'Freddie' also has commitments with Indian Premier League side Chennai Super Kings, with whom he signed a lucrative deal in 2008.
On signing the contract, the all-rounder said: 'I am delighted at being able to agree a new contract which enables me to remain at Old Trafford for the next three years.
'I have felt part of Lancashire ever since I first played here as a schoolboy and I want to help them achieve success.
'I am looking forward to being around the Lancashire dressing room more now I have retired from Test cricket and this contract will also give me the flexibility to play other forms of one-day cricket around the world, which hopefully help me develop as a player and in turn, help Lancashire and England.'
Lancashire head coach, and former England team director, Peter Moores expressed his delight at the news: 'Fred is a proven match-winner, and the type of player that lifts a dressing room with his sheer enthusiasm and will to win.
'It's great that he is going to be with us, and I'm sure our supporters will be just as thrilled with the news.'
No comments:
Post a Comment