BMW Sauber driver Robert Kubica says he is looking forward to the European grand prix in Valencia, as he likes the stop-and-go nature of the circuit.
After a dismal first half of the season, the Pole is keen to move on and, in a press release, he said: 'I really enjoyed the Valencia circuit a lot. I like the character of stop-and-go tracks.
'In Valencia you have a lot of long straights followed by narrow corners and long straights again. That means a lot of heavy braking.
'It was very hot there last year as the track is between concrete walls and there is not a lot of air. These conditions are very tough for the car's cooling.
'Last year I performed quite well in Valencia.'
Kubica's BMW Sauber team-mate Nick Heidfeld has not faired any better this year, but is eager to see how much of an improvement the team has made with the new upgrade package that will be introduced at the European grand prix.
'Valencia is a street circuit, but it doesnt drive like one. In fact it's just like one of the modern race tracks,' said Heidfeld.
'You're not right up against the buildings, there isnt the tightness you usually get at street circuits, but there are run-off areas.
'I'm excited to find out what effect the latest modifications will have on our car.
'Valencia is a great city, of course, and I'm looking forward to going back to a fine restaurant which I discovered on my last visit,' he added.
After a dismal first half of the season, the Pole is keen to move on and, in a press release, he said: 'I really enjoyed the Valencia circuit a lot. I like the character of stop-and-go tracks.
'In Valencia you have a lot of long straights followed by narrow corners and long straights again. That means a lot of heavy braking.
'It was very hot there last year as the track is between concrete walls and there is not a lot of air. These conditions are very tough for the car's cooling.
'Last year I performed quite well in Valencia.'
Kubica's BMW Sauber team-mate Nick Heidfeld has not faired any better this year, but is eager to see how much of an improvement the team has made with the new upgrade package that will be introduced at the European grand prix.
'Valencia is a street circuit, but it doesnt drive like one. In fact it's just like one of the modern race tracks,' said Heidfeld.
'You're not right up against the buildings, there isnt the tightness you usually get at street circuits, but there are run-off areas.
'I'm excited to find out what effect the latest modifications will have on our car.
'Valencia is a great city, of course, and I'm looking forward to going back to a fine restaurant which I discovered on my last visit,' he added.
No comments:
Post a Comment