Former Ferrari team principle Jean Todt has vowed to be neutral, should he be elected as Max Mosley's successor in the FIA presidential elections on October 23rd.
His statement came after Todt's only challenger for the presidency Ari Vatanen announced details of who will be in his cabinet on Thursday evening, should he be elected as president of the Paris-based Federation.
In a statement, Todt said: 'Initially, some people suggested that I would be Ferrari's choice for the presidency, then the media was that told that Ferrari didn't want me and the Scuderia responded by saying that they were in fact neutral.
'Of course, I completely agree with them. They should be neutral, as I will be to all the teams if I am elected as president - this is a question of commitment and professionalism,' he continued.
Vatanen was the World Rally Champion in 1981 and recently retired from a ten-year stint as a member of European Parliament, but Todt believes that his experience across the motorsport platform is more valuable.
'The success I have enjoyed, with every team that I have ever worked with, has been founded upon professionalism and a total commitment to that team's goals,' Todt said.
'My approach to the FIA is no different; I would not contemplate running for election as president if I could not focus all my professionalism, energy and commitment upon achieving the goals which are in the best interests of the FIA - acting as the guardian of the FIA's independence is central to this.'
His statement came after Todt's only challenger for the presidency Ari Vatanen announced details of who will be in his cabinet on Thursday evening, should he be elected as president of the Paris-based Federation.
In a statement, Todt said: 'Initially, some people suggested that I would be Ferrari's choice for the presidency, then the media was that told that Ferrari didn't want me and the Scuderia responded by saying that they were in fact neutral.
'Of course, I completely agree with them. They should be neutral, as I will be to all the teams if I am elected as president - this is a question of commitment and professionalism,' he continued.
Vatanen was the World Rally Champion in 1981 and recently retired from a ten-year stint as a member of European Parliament, but Todt believes that his experience across the motorsport platform is more valuable.
'The success I have enjoyed, with every team that I have ever worked with, has been founded upon professionalism and a total commitment to that team's goals,' Todt said.
'My approach to the FIA is no different; I would not contemplate running for election as president if I could not focus all my professionalism, energy and commitment upon achieving the goals which are in the best interests of the FIA - acting as the guardian of the FIA's independence is central to this.'
No comments:
Post a Comment