Thursday, 20 August 2009

Rovers sign veteran Salgado

Blackburn have confirmed the signing of full-back Michel Salgado from Real Madrid.

The Spaniard has signed on a free transfer and has penned a two-year deal.

Salgado, 33, spent 10 years at the Santiago Bernabeu after moving there from Celta Vigo for $11 million.

He brings an unquestionable pedigree to Ewood Park with four La Liga titles, three Spanish Super Cups, two UEFA Champions League crowns, the Uefa Cup and the Intercontinental Cup to his name.

The experienced defender also has 53 caps for Spain, including appearances at the 2000 European Championships and the 2006 World Cup.

Salgado told the Blackburn website he was sad to be leaving Madrid but was relishing the challenge of the Premier League: 'I love the club, I was there 10 years - it is a lifetime. I am proud of playing for them for so long.

'Now I want to enjoy the next two years, playing in the Premier League. It is one of the best in the world.'

Blackburn are now awaiting international clearance for the transfer before Salgado can be handed his debut.ADNFCR-708-ID-19320222-ADNFCR

No comments:

Post a Comment