Police have appealed for a mother to come forward after baby body parts were found at a sewage works near Hull.
The remains were found by a member of the public at around 14:30 BST on Wednesday at the Saltend works.
A spokeswoman for Humberside police said the age and gender of the baby were currently unknown.
Superintendent Christine Kelk said in a statement: 'I would like to appeal directly to the mother of this baby, or to anyone who may know the identity or whereabouts of this mother.
'I remain very concerned about your well-being and my immediate priority is to ensure that you receive any necessary midwifery and medical care.
'I appreciate that you must be feeling very confused, upset and afraid. Please be assured that I want to make sure you are safe and well.'
The police are due to speak to the media about the investigation this afternoon.
The remains were found by a member of the public at around 14:30 BST on Wednesday at the Saltend works.
A spokeswoman for Humberside police said the age and gender of the baby were currently unknown.
Superintendent Christine Kelk said in a statement: 'I would like to appeal directly to the mother of this baby, or to anyone who may know the identity or whereabouts of this mother.
'I remain very concerned about your well-being and my immediate priority is to ensure that you receive any necessary midwifery and medical care.
'I appreciate that you must be feeling very confused, upset and afraid. Please be assured that I want to make sure you are safe and well.'
The police are due to speak to the media about the investigation this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment